How your Homespace Lighting can affects Mood?
Lighting is an often underestimated part of our homes. Besides having a huge impact in aesthetics and functionality, it can improve mood stability, emotions, and well-being. It’s important to emphasize just how our lighting is important in the interior environment.
How can you change the light in your home that is made for a happier and more productive you? Lighting is both an art and a science, it can affect our mood, appetite, and sleep. In order to implement an effective lighting strategy for your home, Besides the technical knowledge required you will need someone who is a professional that fully understands electrical systems, lighting design and interior design.
Here’s the Incredible Benefits Of Hiring An Interior Designer to help you with your Lighting design and styling:
• Space, Size and Style
• Lifestyle Awareness Homeowner’s preferences
• Ceiling height and shape in the environment
• Matching the Colours of walls and furniture
• Best Utilising Existing Lights and Electrical setups
• Points of interest, art work, and highlight areas
• Spatial perceptions of Shadows and Reflections
• Integrating Daylight
• Surface characterisation
• Lighting controls and distribution
• Energy saving and economic benefits
• Light Intensity & Level of illumination (lux)
• Psychological and physiological factors
• Electrical codes, documentation, and specifications
Take this guide as a starting point, but remember that colour is also a major contributor to your psychological and physiological states. The colour of your rooms combined with the colour temperature of your lighting can mean the difference between feeling positive and negative in your environment. It’s important to take into consideration the colour temperature of your lights.
WARM LIGHT: Adding a warm light seems to relax and help us wind down for the day, adds a little cozy feel to the room, best for bedrooms and living rooms.
COOL LIGHT: The brighter and whiter light is best for areas that require energy and focus, such as the kitchens, bathrooms, household shelter / store rooms.
It’s amazing how a few tweaks of knowledge can help you improve your home environment, here’s 7 Ways to make your Interior Lighting Tips:
• Dimming controls are highly recommended for cutting electricity use and providing more flexible lighting options.
• Make use of lighter colours and reflections to create the atmosphere you desire. Consider adding mirrors and reflective surfaces for a shinier and brighter appearance.
• Be wary of coloured light bulbs. You will want to use these sparingly. Reds and warmer colours are better for creating an inviting atmosphere in dining rooms and living rooms, while blues and cooler colours should be reserved for calmer areas like the bedroom.
• The lighting levels in your home will depend on the amount of natural light that room receives. Take advantage of natural light whenever you can, since it can have positive effects on your health and mood.
• Low light is better for producing a relaxing and calming effect. Use brighter lights for high-focus areas to encourage activity. • Save money by replacing your incandescent lights with LEDs and CFLs.
• Speak with a professional to make sure you are using the right wattage for each fixture and that your lighting combinations make sense for your space
Have a quick chat with our Creative ID and it can be the key to brighten up your dark and dull room to intensely bright room. 👉🏻 Let us help you with your Design! WhatsApp @ 6597215338
🛋️ Follow Rezt+Relax for more Interior Inspiration! 🛋️
Facebook | Instagram |Youtube | Pinterest | Tik Tok